The Portsmouth Distillery Co, Fort Cumberland, Fort Cumberland Road, Portsmouth, PO4 9LD
Job Title – Sales Executive
Job Description – The Portsmouth Distillery Company is a multi-award winning innovative company based at 18th Century Fort Cumberland, surrounded by the sea and centuries of naval history. We are looking to appoint a Sales Executive to support the Sales and Marketing function within the growing business.
Key Responsibilities –
- To grow and maintain the local customer base throughout the local area and beyond.
- To ensure stock levels at each customer are monitored and maintained, and that the spirits are actively promoted within each establishment through staff engagement, to make our artisan spirits the ‘go to’ choice.
- To carry out tastings with potential customers and connect with their staff through staff training on our spirits.
- Conduct tastings and presentations with customers and prospects to convert into sales.
- Make targeted telesales calls (cold and prospects).
- Undertake drop-in introductory meetings (and tastings where possible).
- Promote the company and spirit range at local events and markets.
- Reporting of sales figures at a weekly Status Meeting.
- Keeping track of distillery stock levels for sales deliveries and demonstrations / tastings.
- Clear and regular communication with the team, reporting on customer and prospect feedback, so that objections and barriers are examined and understood and worked around positively.
- Keep contact with customers on a weekly basis (engagement and stock level checks) and report on progress within the sales cycle.
- Involvement in distillery operations when required as part a very hands-on team.
Skills and Requirements –
- An ability to book meetings and tastings with new and existing customers and create subsequent sales conversions as a result.
- A vibrant, creative and proactive approach required to eye opportunities (through cold calls, networking and social media), open up business and look after it moving forward.
- An organised daily approach and excellent engaging and captivating communication abilities.
- A passion for sales and meeting targets, and an ability to present our company and fabulous spirits in a highly enthusiastic and articulate manner.
- Good English skills and computer proficiency are essential.
- WSET qualifications are a bonus.
- Full clean UK driving licence. Own transport needed but with access to the company van.
- Ability to lift boxes of 6 bottles at a time.
- A sense of humour is essential.
- A strong understanding of the on and off trade in the hospitality industry and associated sales cycles.
- An ability to show previous sales success within the industry.
Full Time – Some evening and weekend work at local markets and in the trade as required, a flexible approach needed. Time in lieu offered when working at weekends. Initial contract
- A great opportunity with fantastic prospects to be integrally involved with growing an innovative company based within an ancient monument making world class spirits.
- Salary calculated on base plus a commission system, generous staff discount, standard holiday allocation (20 days). Bank Holidays negotiable depending upon events.
Closing date for applications – 4th September 2020